- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP), Financial Planning Standards Council
- CERTIFIED EXECUTOR ADVISOR (CEA), Canadian Institute of Certified Executor Advisors
- CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANT OF AGING (CPCA)
- Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute
- Life License Qualification Program, Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Canadian Investment Funds Course, Investment Funds Institute of Canada
- Conduct and Practices Handbook Course, Canadian Securities Institute
My LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellypather
My area of expertise within the Legacy Family Office team at Assante Financial Management Ltd. is working with professionals and retirees who are making major life transitions. And, those transitions usually come with doubts. Assuring them that the work has been done, and the correct strategies are in place for them to live out their retirement as planned, is paramount. Though I deal with numbers and data, there is an emotional side of the equation in every plan. Taking a holistic approach to develop an all-encompassing view of a family’s financial picture, we dig deep into concerns and work with the facts to achieve the best solutions for a family’s unique scenario.
It is no surprise that I landed in this career. When I was growing up, my parents were successful entrepreneurs, but a series of unfortunate events led to them losing their business. We went from wanting for nothing to needing everything in short period of time, and ended up having to move in with my grandmother. My drive as a young adult was to never have that happen to me and now, as in my role as a financial planner, helping support our clients so that it never happens to them.